Development Impact Awards
Welcome to the Development Impact Awards, an initiative by the Manitoba Council for International Cooperation (MCIC) to shine a spotlight on projects that have made significant contributions to a just world. These awards recognize and honour projects that align with at least one of the six core action areas of the Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP) and have brought about meaningful change in communities.
A Glimpse into the Awards
The Development Impact Awards recognize those who are making a difference, building a more just and sustainable world through international cooperation. By recognizing and celebrating these exceptional initiatives, MCIC aims to inspire others to create lasting positive change in their communities. Join us in celebrating these initiatives.
The Development Impact Awards recognize exceptional initiatives that have flourished in at least one of the following six FIAP action areas:
- Gender Equality and Empowerment
- Human Dignity
- Inclusive Growth
- Environment and Climate Action
- Inclusive Governance
- Peace and Security
Benefits of Recognition
Recipients of the Development Impact Awards enjoy the following acknowledgements of their outstanding contributions:
- Certificate: Awardees receive a certificate and recognition of their dedication to positive change.
- Joint Recognition: Both the organization behind the project and its local partner are jointly recognized for their collaborative efforts.
- Prominent Exposure: Winners' names and their projects take center stage through MCIC's website, events and MCIC communication channels.
- Sharing Success and Learning: A special "Lunch and Learn" session will be organized, offering awardees a platform to share their experiences, insights, and project details with a broader audience.
- Government and International Acknowledgment: Awardees' will be acknowledged in the reports submitted to the Government of Manitoba and Global Affairs Canada.
To be considered for the Development Impact Awards, projects must meet the following criteria:
- The project must feature significant outcomes connected to at least one of the FIAP action areas and
- The project must have received funding through the Manitoba Government Matching Grant Program (MGMGP) within the last five years. This includes MCIC's Development Fund, Theme Fund, Relieft & Rehabilitation Fund and the Community Solidarity Fund.
September 2023: Call for award applications, inviting exceptional projects to showcase their contributions.
September 29, 2023: Deadline for applications at 5:00 PM CST.
October 2023: Project applications are reviewed, and winners are selected.
February 2024: Winners’ will be awarded during MCIC's International Development Week (IDW) , an important moment to celebrate Canada's work in international cooperation.
How to Apply
Applications for 2023 are now closed. We look forward to seeing your submissions for the 2024 Development Impact Awards when applications open in Summer 2024.
If you have any questions about the Development Impact Awards, please reach out to our Global Partnerships Manager, Abdal Qeshta by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.