Membership in MCIC is open to non-governmental organizations working in Manitoba which support international development cooperation, meet the membership criteria as established by the Board of Directors, and have objectives and programs in harmony with MCIC’s principles of: Sustainability, Partnership, Capacity and Commitment to do Public Engagement, Transparency and Accountability, Openness, Integrity, and Governance.
There are two classes of membership: Regular Members and Affiliate Members.
When applying for Regular Membership applicants must provide:
- Certificate of Incorporation as a non-profit charitable organization
- Charitable Tax number
- Audited Financial Statements for the past two years
- Annual Reports for the past two years
- Bylaws and Mission Statement
- Reports on Public Engagement activities and programming in Manitoba for the past two years
- Completed application form
Regular Members of MCIC:
- Have an opportunity to network with a wide variety of provincial and national development organizations
- Receive information about development work and issues in Winnipeg, in Manitoba, in Canada and internationally through the Global Citizenship E-Newsletter and other mailings and notices
- Have an opportunity to provide input into the work of MCIC by attending the Annual General Meeting, other membership forums, or by serving on various MCIC committees
- Have access to the Manitoba Government Matching Grants Program (MGMGP) for overseas projects. Click here to see the funding guides.
- Have a vote at membership meetings and may nominate individuals to serve on the MCIC Board of Directors
Affiliate Members of MCIC:
- Are organizations which agree with the MCIC Mission Statement, but do NOT meet all the requirements of regular membership.
- Receive information about development work and issues in Winnipeg, in Manitoba, in Canada and internationally through the Global Citizenship E-Newsletter and other mailings and notices.
- Have an opportunity to network with a wide variety of provincial and national development organizations.
- Are invited to attend general membership meetings of MCIC as non-voting members.
To enquire about membership in MCIC or to receive a Membership Application Form, please contact MCIC at 204-987-6420 or firstname.lastname@example.org.